Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cyber Twin - Second Life - Hard at Work . . believe it or not




This week's photo's - lets see - starts off in Gourock / Port Glasgow - a memorial to old viking ship - what looks like a customs boat on patrol ?? - then it's further along the coast to Wemyss Bay - lots of nostalgia for me - my Gran had a B&B in Rothesay and this was where we always got the ferry across . . .funny how certain things stick in your memory - rushing down this wooden walkway for the ferry . . . then its Largs ferry - the church of Scotland & a yacht at sea - the view from the MacDougall Brisbane bridge over a river full of rocks - then its back into Glasgow the Doulton fountain and & an old carpet factory built in the architectural style of a Venitian Palace - don't ask me??? (next week Blackness) -

OK - always experimenting - that's me - with IT and new software, that is Judi . . try this out - see what you think - look's promising . . . . feedback welcome . . .

After a bit of messing about - I have now chosen the picture of Roy (Rutger Hauer) from the BladeRunner film - he was a replicant in this film (If you haven't seen it - do yourself a favour and get it) basically a robot - one of my all time favouite films and it has stood up well to time . . .



Its been a busy week for me in terms of study - and I've being doing plenty of it - Judi & I agreed not to see each other that's how serious it was . . . lol. SO what have I been doing well I have a research paper to present on Handheld & Mobile Internet Browsers for Designing Usable Systems - seems to ahve taken forever to get it together . . .anyway its finished - that's for Tuesday - I have a presentation for e-C0ommerce - my iMedio idea - the all singing all dancing Internet based company for legal high quality music / films / TV / Sports & Corporate events - a £2.5m budget to get us going but once we are up and running there will be no stopping us . . . Apart from this just (OK only just started AI - found great material on Wikipedia ) also Java to be handed in on Friday that still needs quite a bit of work - and I am also working on my Research Methodology - assignment due in on 27 April - AI exam is just around the corner and I need a lot of work there still - I estimate about 10 days solid study needed there - which I am not going to get but hey! I will make it . . .its a purely theoretically based subject . . .but I am on it.

Other development this week was signing up for my Second Life avitar . . .that is the cartoon type picture that is me (Woodruff) taken in Second Life . . . I'll keep you posted of this as it goes along - I am looking at doing my dissertation on this - possible developing an online training presence and developing the material for this - could do it as a pilot for some company and then evaluate its effectiveness - I'll need to start working on that as soon as possible - makes sure I know what I am doing and then take it from there . . . get a technology based company that is willing to get there staff to undertake some training in this environment - loads to learn and research still . . .just round the corner though.






















The last part of What the rest of the World knows about South Africa

Q: Does it ever get windy in South Africa? I have never seen it rain on TV, so how do the plants grow? (UK)

A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.


Q: Will I be able to see elephants in the street? (USA)

A: Depends how much you've been drinking or sniffing.


Q: I want to walk from Durban to Cape Town - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)

A: Sure, it's only two thousand kilometres. Take lots of water.


Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in South Africa? (Sweden)

A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Thats all for this week . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe it's cool .... He's not as good as you and a little too into himself .....but i like it :-)