Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Art of Living


Photo's:
My hero - Stephen Hawking experiencing zero gravity - OK I admit it - I've never read his book either - it was the book you had to have but when you really find out nearly no-one has read it . . . guilty .

My fav Internet radio station










Wednesday 2 May
Well its exams today - my prediction is that we will be asked about LPG - which is a new approach to searching for a plan in a planning graph - its a strategy based on stochastic local search using a heuristic distance measure and involves Temporal Action Graphs which search for a plan within Temporal Graph Plans . . . here's an example of a Temporal plan - filling a bath - for simplicity I have ignored time taken - kept it simple

(:action fill-bath
:parameters (?t – tap, ?b – bath)
:duration (= ?duration (- (capacity ?b) (level ?b))
:condition (and (at start (off ?t))
(at start (next-to ?b))
(at end (next-to ?b))
(at end (on ?t))
(over all (on ?t)))
:effect (and (at start (on ?t)) (at end (full ?b)) (at end (off ?t)))

The day after the day before (i.e. the exam)
Well did LPG feature - short and simple Yes, but so did a lot of other things - came a bit short with SAT they wanted some formula - didn't have a clue - probably know it - and also compare SAT & GraphPlan & why one was more suitable than the other - went down the correct reasoning, I think but blew it by mentioning LPG which is not a SAT method but did mention DPPL & zChaff - another language, I know, tell me about it - well let's just say I have written easier exams . . . nothing I can possibly do about it now.

Went to a movie afterwards - saw The Reaping - avoid it like the plague - it is horrendous - it is The exorcist meets Lake Placid . . . saw most of the punch lines coming - a mile off 'no visions' a whole lot of religious mumbo jumbo - an African sacrifice thrown in . . . .etc., Don't torture yourself - a Sunday afternoon type film - nothing else to do - its pouring with rain outside 'maybe' - why on earth did I go and see it - well finished exam - spoke to Christian - and he was telling me he thought he would get about 80% - so I had to get away from him - quick - also don't believe in discussing a paper in retrospect - you always hear about things you did not know about and hence end up beating yourself up - and there is nothing you can do about it - so what's the point - its done - gone - finished - history - get on with the rest of your life . . . .

Arrived at cinema - and with me its now - don't really want to hang around for an hour etc., - The Reaping had just started so I knew by the time I got up there could basically look forward to the film just starting - and that was how it panned out - I actually wanted to go and see This is England - which I hear is great . . .but it only started one and a half hours later . . didn't feel up to it. As it was I was actually exhausted - came home had something to eat and was on the phone to Judi and was basically falling asleep - went to bed and and only got up this morning - 12 hours later - feeling quite woozy and a bit disorientated . . .taking it easy today - voting , cleaning up and popping through to my Mum's . . . then its time to start preparing for the next one - exam that is . . lol

No comments: