Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

Week ??? Who knows - I've lost count . . . .



Cartoon from The Guardian -


Came across this item on Climate Change - I know there are a lot of sceptics out there - but I agree in sentiment - that we are not getting the full story here - anyway it claims:"In the next 24 hours, deforestation will release as much CO2 into the atmosphere as 8 million people flying from London to New York. Stopping the loggers is the fastest and cheapest solution to climate change. So why are global leaders turning a blind eye to this crisis?"

Well exam did not go too badly - although I have just sent an email to the lecturer - pointing out that some things could have been a little bit better in my opinion . . . oops, that might cost me a few marks . .

Judi & I had a great weekend - lots of discussions and we have decided to go to South Africa for my birthday next year - just need to decide on how long but probably between 2 & 3 weeks next year - my Mum, her friend Cathy & my sister as well as Sam & Hud should all be going - at this rate we'll just charter a flight . . . well not quite but beginning to look that way - we'll have McKenzie row on the airplane . . .should be a nice experience - looking at hiring a house or something for us - as it will work out a lot cheaper I'm sure.

I've put in my vote for a topic for Dissertation and I chose "Visualising State Trajectories in Hidden Markov Models" OK - I am joking . . . although that did look interesting - if only I could work out what it is all about, needless to say that is an Artificial Intelligence topic . . . . I chose 'A Comparative Evaluation of Teaching Environments for Java Programming' and have set up a meeting with my possible supervisor for 15h00 on Wednesday . . . turns out he is a Kilmarnock supporter and they beat Rangers on the weekend . . . sow e'll see where it goes from there.

I've applied for a part-time job as a research assistant with the university ona project called FRILLS -sounds right up my street actually . . .lol - stands for
Forensic Readiness for Local Libraries in Scotland. Its aim is to produce a
better system for detecting misuse of public-access computer facilities
in public libraries and to produce training material therefore.

So that should bring in a little more pocket money . . .

It has all passed so fast - it feels like yesterday we started - September last year - now with the
dissertation ahead of us it feels like we have loads of time - but as Murvin - pointed out we know
how fast this time went - so 3 months will be over in no time - basically some words of wisdom
as it is nothing compared to what has already passed so in reality not much time at all .
. . I had better get started then . . lol

Did I mention that I got tickets to watch FC Barcelona against Hearts - well I do really like Barcelona
- so when Scottish Rugby Union sent me an email to say the game was on didn't hesitate - got hold
of Judi - just to check if any of the boys should be included and bought an extra 2 tickets - I'm going
as a scholar (concession) of course - they were only £20 - all sorts of rumours already as to who will
and who won't actually play - Ronaldinho; Messi; Eto etc., - we'll see.

So Blair finally steps down - well about bloody time - excuse the pun - all the speeches - quite
nauseating actually - as for Brown against Cameron - I don't rate Browns chances at all - actually saw
him smiling - scary!



No comments: