Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2007

iGoogle; New Dawn; Solstice;


Did you know you can personalise your Google home page - and yes this would be the general page for Scotland - raining - but it knows my post code and changes the picture accordingly to more or less reflect the current weather - it is linked to my weather setting on the home page - this woudl be the bus stop theme there are others .

Photo's - iGoogle; amazing photo from Guardian - just looks like one dog is looking at another; Groove Salad me Internet radio station & Summer Solstice - in keeping with the solstice and Stonehenge - I've included some, of my own, pictures pictures from Lewis - Callanish Stones - as well as bay which is right next to Butt's End - the split rock is on Harris.

Some links you may (or not) enjoy -
Guardian - pictures sent in by readers
flixxy video's - well worth checking out - I'll let you decide which one's to watch . . .

My favourite Internet radio station the Groove Salad channel - it is great for background music for me whilst busy writing my dissertation - allows me to think without being obtrusive - its always on in the background - sometime listening for 12+ hours at a stretch - well go away and come back again sometimes . . .

Today is the summer solstice at the moment outside I am hearing loud peels of thunder and it looks like it may pour at any time.









One of yon email questionnaires - sent to me by Benita:

1.What time did you get up this morning? 08:45!!!

2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds I suppose - not really keen on either but if I must choose

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Exiled (Korean / Chinese - Johnny To film)

4. What is your favorite TV show? Heroes - love it - reinforces my belief that anyone can do anything

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? try to vary it - corn flakes or toast cup of coffee

6. What is your middle name? John

7. What food do you dislike? trifle - can't really think of anything else

8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Malomobo - Pele Pele

9 What kind of car do you drive? Nissan Micra

10. Favorite sandwich? Peanut butter & Apricot Jam

11. What characteristic do you despise? Intolerance / Ignorance - People who just blindly lash out but don't really know anything - bias

12. Favorite item of clothing? new pair of jeans I just bought

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Croatia - Dubrovnik; Mexico - Cancun

14. Favorite past pet? Whiskey - Cat

15. Where would you retire to? House on a cliff with lovely sea views - on one of the islands in Scotland

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Den Anker Cape Town; Kubhla Khan last year & of course Judi spoilt me rotten this year

17. Favorite sport to watch? Foooootball!

18. Furthest place you are sending this to? New Zealand

19. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? I have no control over other people

20. Person you expect to send it back first? Entirely up to them

21. Favorite saying? In my opinion . . . or albeit

22. When is your birthday? 17 March

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Hoots mon! - A night owl

24. What is your shoe size? 8,5

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Expecting news very soon which may fundamentally change my life - study related

26. What did you want to be when you were little? Interior Designer; Journalist - hey I would still like to do both . . .lol !

27 What is your favorite candy? Kinder Bueno

28. What is your favorite flower? vygie - Portulaca grandiflora

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? handing in my completed dissertation towards the end of August; Pat Metheny - next weekend Friday; Barcelona vs Hearts 28 July; 23 Sept Scotland vs New Zealand - Rugby World Cup

30. What is your full name? Andrew John McKenzie

31. What are you listening to right now? http://somafm.com/ - Groove Salad

32. Do you wish on stars? Yes

33. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue

34. What is the weather right now? Its About 15 degrees - sun struggling to come through and it is of course the Summer Solstice

35. Last person you talked to on the phone? Judi

36. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes – I do

37. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke

38 Hair Colour: Dark Brown

Hang hang on what's going on 'ere then - 39 has made a break for it ?????

40. Favorite day of the year? Not sure - no one specific day - a number of them

41. What was your favorite toy as a child? minuature soldiers - used to get those boxes with different armies . . .

42. Summer or winter? Depends where you are - I enjoy the warm weather when we get it here in Scotland

43. Hugs or kisses? Kisses . . (but like hugs . . .I'll never forget when I was active in teh unions and was fired by Telkom - it was a joke initially but almost 2 months later I was still not back in company and had no money coming in - mortgage to pay etc., - Anyway long story but I was re-instated as if I had never been fired - Geoff Blomkamp came up to me when I walked back in at work and gave me a hug - well I could have cried right there . . . but I was a man - I should have!)

44. Chocolate or Vanilla? I agree vanilla ice-cream - but I am partial to a wee bit of chocolate now and again>

45. Do you want your friends to email you back? Naturally!!

46. When was the last time you cried? When I thought about my story about being hugged . . .

47. What is under your bed? thank goodness I have no space otherwise it would be full of rubbish

48. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Sharon we were at school together - lost touch then met up again

49. What did you do last night? watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean - a pirate copy of course

50. Favorite smell? freshly brewed ground coffee - a barbecue (nostalgia).

51. What are you afraid of? losing belief in myself and in my ability to do whatever I set my mind to

52. Plain, buttered, or salted Popcorn? Buttered & a wee bit of salt

53. How many keys on your key ring? about 5!

54. How many years at your current job? student for the last 8 months

55. Favorite day of the week? depends - don't really have one

56. How many towns have you lived in? 2 Cape Town & Glasgow - can I count Dumbarton as 3 now??

57. Do you make friends easily? My initial reaction Yes, I can speak to anyone - but now I'm thinking friends? I still think yes

58. How many people will you be sending this to? Not sure some will not be impressed - think I have nothing better to do . . . .lol - yes that was you I was thinking of Judi

59. What is your pet peeve? People who just think about themselves - not a care in the world and often oblivious to the fact

60. How many friends will actually send a response to this Questionnaire? we will see how many friends we have . . .lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re last weeks blog, I thought it was the'' mucking of geordie's byre''
The picture this week of St. Michaels Mount brought back some memories of a couple of holidays we had in Cornwall,also I have been to the french one ,Mont St. Michel near St. Malo where the tide comes in faster than galloping horses.Mags