Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Taste; Heat; Balloch; Lost; FRILLS


Pictures - I think you get the idea . . . . cartoon Martin Rowson - The Guardian

I was not successful with my FRILLS job application - damn it took me a while to memorise what it stood for - Forensic Readiness in Local Libraries in Scotland - whew! that is a mouthful and no doubt there is an academic behind that somewhere . . . am I being unkind?? lol

Anyway we have to move on and I have applied for a number of other positions and I am going for an Interview on Wednesday afternoon - as a prospective Broadband support technician - which is a fancy name for a bloke what answers the phone when you have a problem - probably a premium rate phone number - although I have no idea yet - will find out more on Wednesday - have to wear a suit or she relented by saying smart casual - shorts with dress socks on - OK well, maybe not.

I have my topic for my dissertation:
Comparative Evaluation of teaching environments for Java Programming - tomorrow - lol - I need to get started and focussed on my project - don't laugh - I know I should have been full steam ahead . . . but tomorrow I will get cracking . . . that is for sure . . .

Well most notable event to happen over the weekend (yes, there were a few) - Judi was given complimentary tickets to Edinburgh 'Taste'
read all about the festival and what it comprises which was on the Meadows - Just for clarification you will see what was on offer - 2 crowns = £1 - they even had there own currency - its a cunning ploy to get you to spend more - it worked with gullible me. As I was saying it was on the Meadows which is just down the road from where she stays (just as well it turned out). It is basically what it says but between you and me there was more drink than taste - we started off with a strawberry whisky - now I know that sounds weird and somewhat abhorrent - but it was actually quite nice - then it was some red wine and then malt whisky in between some food and so it went for most of the afternoon - we finished up in the 'Leffe' beer tent - I love Belgian beer - and I had a few - then it was some more red wine - lets just say we were lucky we didn't have to drive anywhere - a most enjoyable afternoon - my tummy felt like it had been to several restaurants and at least if not more pubs along the way - lets just say I am still feeling the effects in one way or another - but I have decided that I will follow a different strategy next time . . . . lol


Well there we are - according to PetrolPrices.com Dunglass is top of the pops again.
---------------------------------------------
Station : Dunglass Service Station, Dumbarton Road, Milton, Dumbarton
Brand : Esso
Distance: 2.81 miles
Price : 95.9p
Updated : 10-06-2007
---------------------------

No comments: