Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

That long since my last posting . . .

Wow that is shocking - 2009 - Bali - Wow - how come 2010 South Africa World Cup never got a look in . . .might have to address that - at the very least . . .

Well here we are 2011 has only just dawned - today 4 Jan was my first day back at work . . . lots of changes happening there as well . . . Team Leader resigned today - 1 month notice and new Team Leader starts tomorrow - plus both other team members will leave one next week - she is pregnant & the other is only partially involved with our work stream - we have two new guys who have just started & myself - I'll be the person with the most knowledge - there is a month to hand over so should all be fine . . . but interesting and challenging times ahead . . .

What is on the cards for the year . . . well in no particular order I'd list the following:

  • House - my own place purchase
  • Happiness - in general - what's the point if your not happy??
  • Family - keeping close - making an effort - reaching out
  • Friends - broadening and maintaining
  • Love - passion in what I do - in a relationship - sharing with someone special
  • Direction - where am I going?? what do I really want to do with my life - my time here on the planet??


A mouthful to say the least - but something I want to try and keep an eye on during the course of the year and not just slip into existence . . .

I will be going to New Zealand sometime this year - so really looking forward to that - something to plan for and cherish - will keep me going during the year - there's my direction LOL

Also more short term I have in my foolishness agreed to take part in Maggies Monster Challenge again - so I need to start training again - I was out tonight for the first time walked just over 2 miles - went fine - need to a) makes sure I am out there regularly - come rain or shine (ain't going to be much of that at them moment - and quite quickly start ratcheting up the distances . . . will also need to start cycling again as well . . . . It is all for a good cause so I am looking forward to it - achieved silver last year and Craig & I are now going for Gold with Hazel & Yvonne going for bronze in their first year . . . . they may well want to return again next year - Hazel (Craig's wife) & Yvonne were part of the support team last year -so they have a fair idea of what is involved . . . .

Our fund raising page - we've only just started a long way to go yet . . .

http://www.justgiving.com/albaaqua2monsters

No comments: