Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

1 week later

Had a Spring clean - way overdue - threw out futon bed - how relieving - to finally get shot of it - and now being able to move more freely in all sorts of areas. Whistler is very happy - he can get moving around a lot more now . . . . what a difference - ???

Well things are drawing to an end with my current position and a number of people will be affected - to cut a long story short - it looks as if the end of May will be the end of everything - well nearly everything . . . . so an evening is to be held at the Grosvenor Hilton - in the West End - a slap up meal and an open bar will be there to accompany an evening of prize giving . . . so yours truly is going to go the full hog and is considered getting himself kitted out for the evening (a black tie evening) so let us see where we end up . . . . lol - looks like Trish; Kirsteen & I will have to paint the town red . . . so to speak - should be fun.

Well been scanning the Internet and I have now booked for Amy MacDonald and Buddy Guy - both forthcoming events and Friday night went to see Unconquered - a very interesting play that was on at the Tron . . . . - I left work Friday - thought I'd rather come home first - well got as far as the back road to Milngavie and there was a sign in the road " Road Closed " - now I was in two minds anyway as I had the play to go to . . . but I thought - it's silly to stay in town - I could just as well go home first . . . but when I had a road closed sign - I thought - what the hell - who am I to argue with the forces of nature . . . . synchro-destiny as they say - anyway turned out that my usual parking garage (opposite Concert Hall & Cineworld) was also closed - so I was forced to use one further up Sauchiehall street - and then just as I was leaving the car park - who should I bump into but Sonia ??? Now that was fate for you - had circumstances not conspired I would never have bumped into her . . . . and then I went to Waterstone's and would I not bump into someone else . . . weird - don't you think??

I never mentioned Wednesday at work was a very difficult day - why? well things were very frustrating - things were not quite hanging together - then I received an email from a division that I work very closely with - and they were being very pedantic - in my opinion . . . . anyway to top it all I had had a phone call from my agency and I thought wow - they must have something for me (job wise) and it turned out that it was some misunderstanding about pay structures - so it was very dis-heartening - in fact I took it very much to heart and was upset about the whole thing until I decided - what the hell its only money and hell maybe I did mis-understand someone or maybe I just heard what I wanted to . . .when I did this and let go - how much lighter the whole thing became rather than arguing and insisting I was correct - I just said this is what I understood - maybe I got it wrong - who cares - water under the bridge - lets decide how we deal with it now??

Trish is away on 2 weeks holiday in Tunisia - received a text today - another scorcher she tells me . . . .

Went back to Bowling on the weekend took some more photo's of the canals and boats - not sure hat it is but I am fascinated by the water . . . . must be in my blood . . . ???? What a difference some sunlight can make. Even popped in at Magic cycles - a bicycle still very high on my wish list of wish lists . . . Bill from my Monday evening computer drop in swears by Magic Cycles and better still there is now a scheme whereby a company can get a tax break by sponsoring a staff member to cycle to work . . . I will need to investigate this.

I can't believe the football - I wanted Arsenal to beat Liver's in the second leg of the Champions League . . . they totally outplayed them but unfortunately no one to clinically finish-off for them??? An area Wenger needs to spend money . . .but to play so well but to not get a result - Wenger's pain is understandable . . . . And what a finish by Rangers against Sporting - what a finish . . . most of the game might not have been attractive to watch . . . but they are into the last 4 of the UEFA cup - so next round is Fiorentina - a very useful side - not an asy game - hope to get tickets after watching the Sporting game (home leg) at Ibrox . . . .

In a moment of madness I subscribed to Setanta Sports - all I know they have some games that Sky do not have - and tomorrow evening I'll be able to put my feet up and watch Rangers Celtic match - I think there is another game still outstanding after this game though . . . . so a must win for Celtic .... (It turned out to be a classic game - not necessarily the result I would have wanted - but thrilling!)

Tuesday - so it must be Dundee again - and yes that is where I spent the day again - visiting my current favourite coffee maker . . . lol - and guess what - I somehow did not get lost on the way home - so no I did not have drive through Dounne twice today . . . . lol - had a Training session again - was warned before the time - lots of difficult questions - Hey! I can only do what I can do - If I can't answer I can't answer - for whatever reason - I can surely find out for you though and if need be escalate problems to the next level and the powers that be can decide whether or not they have an issue. It was no problem in the end - chaos at times -but what else is new . . .

Came across thinking pictures some really stunning photo's - see what you think . . . .

Went to BCCC and for the first time managed to see how my tablet works - seeing as I only bought more than 4 months ago - interesting - would have to experiment more with it. Suggested we start a wii fitness club . . . lol - I am very interested in buying one now - I've even bought the Sega Superstars tennis game already - console to follow shortly . . . watch this space . . . lol

cya - A

1 comment:

judi said...

Thinking pictures fabulous ...your photos brilliant too, particularly like the tree.... Good old firm result oops sorry.