Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wii or not to Wii







Well after a long spell of wanting to buy one - I took the leap . . . Report back from the work front . . . beer with T . . . Street Kings - Rosario - Proposal / Model - Rangers and Celtic.

(All photo's courtesy of Nina and her trip to Port Nolloth, near Namibia - her home town and she is truly objective about the place [not]. This time all Namaqualand flowers . . . )


Well I finally purchased a Wii and I am well impressed - my living room has been converted into a virtual Wimbledon tennis courts and I have the sore arms to prove it . . . mind you I have also been bowling - hitting home runs - practising my swing and trying to maintain my under par scores - so I have been busy - however I have now taken delivery of a virtual tennis racket / a baseball bat / a golf club / and a steering wheel . . . so look out Bjorg; McEnroe - showing my age now - Tiger Woods - Babe Ruth - Lewis Hamilton . . . . Time will tell . . . not to mention the arms . . .


Well all quiet on the western front - we had a quick meeting on Monday at work . . . all of us round the table and within 5 minutes we had a working agreement - all's well that ends well . . . at the end of the day a lot of the problems can quite simply be ascribed to a lack of communication . . . we have all addressed this and I think we now understand each other and guess what - the major problems we had were caused by a comedy of errors - but clearly data integrity - i.e. we were not entering the information correctly . . . and then to top it all off we were working in GIS and forgot to commit and post our changes . . . so the guys must think - oh-oh that lot again . . .lol
Went out on Friday evening - simply going for a beer but then it turned out T was meeting G and drinks were to be had - well not being one to miss out - I tagged along and needless to say half a dozen later - walked up to Cine - saw Street Kings - the new Keanu Reeves; Forest Whitaker and Hugh Laurie - not bad but in my opinion it tries to be too clever - plots within plots and Hugh Laurie - does not quite make it in my opinion - bottom line - give it a miss! (thumbs down)


Hard at work putting the finishing touches to my proposal for university - sent it to Sam this evening and awaiting her feedback - just to get an objective viewpoint - limited time - and it is just to give them an idea of how you would put something together - it would still be negotiated and it is difficult question . . . oh well here goes - nothing ventured nothing gained . . .

What a cracker again Rangers and Celtic on Sunday - 1 - 0 to Celtic - then 'Gers equalised - then they went ahead - just before half time Celtic equalised - and even although it was Rangers turn to have a penalty - Celtic were awarded a penalty and they ended winning 3 - 2 - a cracker of a game - Setanta - money well spent . . . lol . . .

Rosario's birthday - my niece's little boy - what a cracker he is - all over the place as 2 year olds are - I got him in the bathroom - standing on the bath and he had turned the hot water on - there was face cloth in the sink so it would have over-flowed in another few seconds - very dangerous as he was precariously balanced as it was - let alone burning himself and pulling back and falling . . . needs lots of boundaries which I am afraid to say he ain't getting . . . . now my niece has found a job - working night shift so not sure how that is all going to work . . . even fewer boundaries if you ask me . . . lol - phew - many problems to come I fear . . .

Had a strange and very interesting dream - I am in some large dormitory . . . . lots of people sleeping together - single beds - difficult to describe . . . suddenly I am aware that this person Yvette who used to study at University of Cape Town but whom I don't know but have accepted an invitation to become her friend on Facebook on the Internet (what actually happened Facebook saw we both studied at UCT the same year and probably sent us both emails - I thought she had sent it and thought it might have been one of the girls in my class - I didn't read it properly and clicked on it to accept - Facebook then sent her an email and she eventually accepted - so we don't actually know each other but the wonder of technology somehow joined us / connected us - haven't spoken to her) - anyway weird as it may seem in my dream I suddenly become aware of the fact that she has been trying to get in touch with me via Skype (which is like an Internet telephone set up) - in my dream I still thought that is strange as we don't even know each other why would she try and get in touch with me?? Anyway I am going to phone her back (don't know how . . . but its a dream remember ) but then I realise it is getting late and if I go on to Skype now everyone will be trying to get to sleep and I will be on phone . . . . then suddenly Nina is in my head and she wants me to explain something / she wants clarity on something - what I do? and what this dormitory is all about and how it all works and I seem to remember something about children as well - I don't know whose or who they are ?? and I am afraid that is all I can remember . . . .??? Anyway the weird thing is I send Nina a text and ask her if she is OK and is there anything she wants to know - she comes back says - funny I should ask because she dreamt about me and in the dream she was asking me something but she can't remember what . . . .???? Weird yet wonderful . . .

Received an email from Benita - first really cold day in South Africa - she had on the scarf I bought her . . . . how diametrically opposite could we be - I email her back and tell her really first day of really hot weather here . . . .

All a bit weird as you say but amazing . . .

Work continues to get busier and somehow I ma getting bogged down and exhausted - problems with systems again - lack of information - half the story etc., - but then still having to train people under these circumstances as work has to be done . . . . for the second time in less than a week - I've had to basically go straight to bed on coming home - now I don't about you guys but that is not a good sign - I don't think! Hmmmm!

This Friday evening is the big Hilton Bash . . . and I am going ala Bonnie Prince Charlie . . . lol - watch this space!

No comments: