Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ankle = Clean Bill of Health

Well Tuesday morning was agony - could hardly put any weight on my right foot - I'd already decided I needed to have my ankle checked out - phoned my doctor - OK only seen him twice since been in Scotland - but I am registered with him Dr McMasters - he is on holiday - his stand in could only see me on Wednesday - so I made appointment or 09h15 - but I was in agony so I phoned NHS 24 in Scotland - and they advised me that I could go to the Royal Alexandria Hospital - bit of a concern really that my local hospital might not have the facilities to deal with a sprained ankle - good heavens what if something serious was wrong - now this is what NHS 24 told me - I'm not making this up - they advised me not to go to Vale of Leven hospital but rather Royal Alexandria . . .

Didn't know where it was - and between you & I it was a wee bit of a strain on the foot - driving that is - only have praise for the hospital though - I took a book and water and a couple of necessities along as I thought its going to be a long process - all n all I don't think I was int the hospital for more than an hour and a half - the Doctor was impressed that I was so well prepared for the long wait which did not really materialise - anyway I was examined sent for x-rays just to meake sure - came up with clean bill of health - I was impressed they took the trouble to show me the x-rays and the only signs of anything was on the side that I have no pain - an old injury perhaps??

I was a offered a zimmer / crutches / a walking stick - I took the walking stick option - came home had something to eat and and ended up in bed and asleep for 8 hours - when I woke up I felt much better and my foot even felt a lot better . . . hope it heals quickly . . . I've to go back in two weeks time . . .

cheers for now
PS - start work on Monday

No comments: