Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Week Six - Foot Bridge

For some or other reason I decided to walk onto Erskine Bridge – across the river Clyde to take some photos about 600 feet above the river . . . (if you keeping hitting the plus sign until you get the C for Erskine Bridge - that was basically where I took my photo's from . . .


View Larger Map

Of all the days but I decided I can't just show clear weather photo's of Scotland as that is (as we know) not entirely true . . . Lol – so in the pouring rain – not knowing how to get on to the bridge by foot I parked my car and set off – ended up running across the highway (A82)– for which I am sure there is probably a fine – then I saw there was a steep embankment which was a shortcut – well being the 8 year old that I am – I set off down the embankment — and as I continued I started to let my momentum take me . . . A wet slippery slope – a pair of takkies on – we know where this is going don't we – my left foot lost its footing and just carried on – would not have been a problem had the right foot come along with it – but it decided to stay where it was and then also attempted to stop the ever increasing downward spiral – this it done by turning over itself right on the ankle – and I swear I heard something snap . . .???? Ended up on my belly just as a car was coming along too . . . I was up like a shot nothing wrong with me – hoping stupidly no one had seen my attempts at being an eight year old again . . .lol – of course I was limping after that but was determined to finish my mission . . . Will let you know when links are up – was it all worth it . . . It was an adventure – foot / ankle warm and throbbing now - testimony to the adventure. . .

Had an interesting call from my previous employer - nothing finalised yet - but tentatively they have asked whether I am able and interested in coming back to work . . .so here's holding thumbs that we can finalise this as soon as . . .

No comments: