Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dissertation+; Work & more work; Rugger; Jude; Fiona

Lets see a few photos - not in any order at the moment
1) Brown Fish Owl - In India . . .
2) Gerard Dowling - builds a sculpture with traffic cones - I just wonder what he is smoking . . . (photo Julian Behal)
3) Saurahb Das photo of Kabul Afghanistan - goalposts - a bit drab looking don't ya think
4) sniff sniff - House season 5 grinds to a halt - one of few programs I watch on TV
5) Google Sky launches - photo Reuters
6) Getty Images photo Viktor Korotayev - Russian air force display
7) True democracy in Bolivia1's Congress - free for all . . . . your entitled to my point of view

Well since arriving back from London its work work work - although for a wee bit of variety I did go to the dentist - and Holly (standing in for my dentist Lucy) who is from New Zealand removed and replaced one of my fillings - pleased to say she was a hell of a lot better that the butcher from Dumbarton (nee Seville) . . lol - she only gave me one injection - I am sure the butcher gave me half a dozen OK at least four . . . . Met Robert on same day to sign a cheque - still have signing powers for Bellsmyre Digital Community - although due to work (uni) commitments - I have not been able to attend much lately - believe the council has awarded some interim funds again - this will keep it going for another few months.

What else - Yes took me Mum shopping Thursday - nothing much Lidl and then Aldi - where I bought for me an Internet radio . . . works off my wireless modem - I'll need to take it up to the Computer club and give a demo . . if only I could get the bloody thing to work . . lol - I just don't have the time to go through all the settings on my wireless modem and then the radio . . .basically it picks up from my modem and connects to about 6500 radio stations anywhere in the world - have a look at Reciva Internet Radio - main thing I wanted to know was I could get my beloved somafm on it - which I've checked I should be able to . . . . I'm happy as soon as I finish my dissertation - sleep for a few days - I'll sort it . . .. lol.

Off to see the rugby today Scotland Vs South Africa . . . . really looking forward to it - seeing as the football went well on Wednesday Scotland 1 - South Africa 0 - lets see if they can do it today . . lol

Apologies - been ages but I had to finish dissertation . . . . Just going to pick up and finish off here . OK so Fiona my niece arrived on Thursday 27 August - with Rozita (4) and Rozario (18 months) in tow. . . . I have no idea how that is all going to work out - she will be staying with her Mom and as I say I hope it all works out fine - it is going to be a major adjustment for everyone there . . . a kinda watch this space really. I personally, it seems have long forgotten how much energy they have at that age - Rozario sticks everything in his mouth and loves climbing up and in things . . . . if this si what they are like before they get to know because they are shy etc., - Heaven help us . . . lol! I'm sure it will be fine.

Well its been non-stop work on my dissertation - went to see Murray and he was hppy with my work - he had read through everything - a few suggestions but otherwise fine . . . in the end I underestimated the amount of work to physically finish off - there is nothing worse than deciding that you need an additional figure only to discover that that has moved everything 1 page - or worse on some of the chapters & sub-paragraphs on - which means you have to go through the whole dissertation again . . . things like that - consistency in using capital letters in headings etc., - all mind numbing type stuff . . . . but hey we got there . . . handed finished product for printing and I pick it up tomorrow 6 September and then I will physically hand it in tomorrow morning . . .Yipee! which is a very subdued exclamation for how I feel at the moment - well it has not really sunk in yet . . .

Judi & I are off this weekend to the Lake district as a winding down and to get some quality time together . . . I'm really looking forward to it - never been down there before . . . here it is very much like Scotland - Loch's, Hills, etc.,

So where to from here - well I have now applied at Stirling university for a PhD - we will have to see if I am more successful here.


I took some photo's at the rugby - so I will do a separate posting for that.

Adios!

No comments: