Search This Blog

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dumbarton Rd; Chair; Bed; Travel; Dissertation;


Well it was the week of toothache . . . eventually managed to get a emergency appointment . . and really felt that I was butchered . . . last Wed 14h05 walked in - first question was which tooth was giving you the problem - a logical question - I didn't have a definitive answer - so we took an x-ray and then he blew air in amongst my teeth - well the very first one it was OUCH! that's him - he then told me there was nothing wrong with my crown - I'm like OK - and then he told me I had had root treatment on my crown - do we see a pattern here . . I told him I had had extensive root canal work on my crown . . . so he had to take a filling out to get a look at what was going on but first he gave me about 4 injections - felt way too much - I was still shaking when I left and you know how you feel your face is all swollen well mine was . . . he took out my filling and then drilled some of the tooth away and put in a new filling - now all my other teeth feel quite smooth - this one feels like a gravel road if you know what I mean - feels very rough - almost like it was an emergency appointment - wait a minute - it was - Hmmm maybe - but I'm not convinced - I must say he kept up a running commentary - apart from that he had a couple of aerial pictures on the ceiling so at least I had something to look at - I think they should have flat screen TV's flat on the ceiling - but hey! What do I know . . lol - Anyway I have another appointment on Wed - with both my dentist and oral hygienist . .

So what have I been up to - well had to use some whisky again as local anaesthetic again - damn that is me run out now - seeing as I don''t pay for medicine at moment - you think I could go to off-lic and get a bottle for medicinal purposes - No??? Hmmm.

T'otherwise been a quiet week really - Judi was on week's leave - still suffering with yon eye infection apart from that she just had a lazy week - hanging out with the boys - taking the boys to the airport - lol . . . 2 sons left the country - No, they're coming back . . . .

Me watching a bit The Wire still - finished Harry Potter - a bit drawn out really and didn't think the 19 years later part was necessary . . . I think your own imagination is better in that regard - perhaps she done because she had made that decision that there would be no more 'arry Potter's??? Not sure.

Still in limbo with PhD - had preliminary discussions with paisley and I am very excited about undertaking the studentship - Games-based learning is something I think I could really get into . . .looking forward to starting . . . but need to complete my dissertation first . . . how is it going your thinking - still loads to do - more or less finalised criteria and thus far worked through all the tutorials for each environment - now need to move over to evaluating each one against the rest of the criteria. I have a number of programs and want to introduce faults into the programs and see how each environment deals with it - error messages it generates whilst writing it and then debugging and how that works - still on schedule but time is running out . . . next 2 weeks crucial.

Friday night went through to my Mum and we had a good couple of drinks not been seeing much of her lately - work; travel; Edinburgh; etc., - anyway good catch up and a good blether - we hit Dumbarton Road all the charity shops working our way along - Maureen my sister came along and she was looking for toys for her 2 grandchildren coming out soon - me just looking - cut a long story short my Mum getting on in years has been struggling to get up / out of chairs recently and we had told her (Maureen and I) she needs one of yon lazy boys - why not? One of the chairs with remote - where you can stretch out but it also tips forward to throw you out - no well help you out of the chair. So we spy ed one - well Maureen did and I led the charge and my Mum bought it - then on the way out a bed caught my eye and it was one of yon electric beds - so you can sit up to read etc., and she bought that as well . . . shop assistants were calling her the Bionic woman before she left - one guy said all you need is a power cut now . . . lol - so that was Saturday and as you know today Sunday has been a bit miserable - but I don't really mind as it fine for me when I am working as it is somehow easier when it is cold wet and overcast - it is murder sometimes when it is lovely weather and you are stuck inside typing away trying to be creative with words when it would be nice to be strolling along the waterfront or somewhere in the sun . . . .lol

Another snippet of information - might be off to New York next month . . . still need to do my research - flight prices / accommodation etc.,

Photo's - Czech Republic: Prague - Lenin Marx Engels photo by Radim Beznoska - the three liars - celebrating independence from Russian domination. Monthly wages in Zimbabwe - money but its worthless . . . just Germany after world war 2 . . . USS Enterprise sailing through the Suez canal - show of force for Iran's benefit - photo Be Curtis; Zapiro - infant mortality rates in South Africa - swept under the carpet; Bush & Brown meet for the fist time - Rowson

Read all about it:



No comments: