Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Iraq wins; Toothache; Judi's Birthday; Barcelona; Dissertation


So the fairy tale finish to the Asian Cup would have been for Iraq to have won and what happened . . . . they won . . .Good Luck & Congratulations to them! More celebratory pictures

The awesome waves are surfing in Cape Town . . . pictures of Iraq celebration & Cape Town courtesy of Guardian - cartoons of Le Tour - Zapiro from Mail & Guardian South Africa.


OK so where are we since last week - well the first thing that springs to mind . . .can't think why is this toothache I have at the moment . . . . I have a dentist and the oral hygienist appointment for next week - but I had had toothache off and on and decided to get an emergency appointment as well . . . . seeing as I am unemployed student at the moment - it is free - thank goodness - well went in this afternoon and
his first question is right which tooth is it? I'm like right don't worry step aside I know exactly which tooth it is I placed this dye on it last time it was aching . . . . i.e. I don't have a clue - Monday night - it was so bad I couldn't even concentrate - could hardly speak to Judi - was in so much pain - all I can say is thank the Lord for whiskey - as I used that as a local anaesthetic and it eventually worked - - - Yes, before I passed out . . . lol . . . well - I could not specify exactly which tooth he worked on the one that reacted to air being blown on it . . . . now I have so much toothache I'm not sure we addressed the correct tooth . . . thank goodness I kept my appointment for next week Wednesday - hopefully we can sort out these teeth because -there is only so much whiskey a man should have to drink for medicinal purposes - seeing as I only had Malt whiskey that is what I used . . . . . It is funny - when your healthy and fine you don't spare a thought and when something is wrong - how it changes your life - how unpleasant things can be . . . you don't realise what it is to be healthy - you just take it for granted and something as simple as toothache - shows you - how helpless / what a difference it makes when you are healthy . . .



Well last Saturday went through to Judi's - we had the Barcelona vs Hearts game on Saturday - I had worked at Loch Lomond Folk Festival as a steward on the Friday and had said I wasn't coming through until Saturday - I am a glorified parking attendant really - tell people where they can and can't park - where caravans can go etc., - actually beginning to get to know some of the characters involved - Wilma & Campbell; Andy; etc., as well as some of the guests that turn up regularly every year - people recognised me I recognised them - for some it was their 4th or 5th year for me it was my 4th year in a row . . . and I intend being back there next year . . . .

I had my right hand side mirror removed from my car Friday evening - the other one had been trashed a number of months ago - this time it was almost professionally removed almost as if to order . . . .???? I was on the phone to Judi on Friday evening and I said to her - " the natives are restless tonight, I don't think I'll even put my head up and peer at them over the top of the couch, they might just put another brick through the front window. . . ." - little did I know they were removing my side mirror as we spoke . . . my car is know un-roadworthy and I could be fined in its current situation . . . my Mum is very keen for me to move out of this area . . .

On to Barcelona / Hearts game - 'not worth expanding upon' . . . . I really think of Barcelona as one of the teams in European football . . . and players like Ronaldinho; Eto; Messi; Thuram; Guti etc., have always meant so much to me . . . so I was more than excited to see them play . . . the opposition in this game meant nothing to me . . .there were many Hearts supporters there - the first half was the highlight as the second half had so many changes - we did get to see Henry - and he made a good goal by laying off the ball . . . but the level of football 2nd half was not as good as the first half . . . I enjoyed the experience . . .


It was Judi's Birthday on Sunday - I had already taken her to Rome on her Birthday but sent her some flowers for the actual day . . . . in the evening it had been decided that we would go for dinner and if any of the boys wanted to come along they were more than welcome . . . turned out all four of her sons; Andy; Pete; Mike & Tom all came along and Naz, Mike's girlfriend, came along as well . . . Now between you & I - I had never met Tom yet - and there was some issues there (not from my side) - so I was more than curious as to how it might go . . . . nothing to worry about - it all went fine - met Tom we shook hands and that was about it . . . . . we had a very pleasant evening . . .it was special for Juid as she has not seen all 4 her boys together for quite some time - so she was pleased and ended up footing the bill - so the boys were pleased . . . .lol.


So what's up? I am still plodding away with my dissertation. Hence the BlueJ welcome screen . . . one of the IDEs I am looking at . . . what with toothache and all - been a bit difficult to get going sometimes . . . but still more or less on target - need to cut down and precise my work more . . .


I have receive another PhD rejection slip which I don't think I mentioned - Loubourgh Uni - that leaves 2 - Paisley with whom I had the interview last week and Glamorgan - whom I haven't heard from at all, yet . . . If Paisley is successful - I have decided to move to within walking distance from the uni as this is a 3 year commitment . . .I will probably have to go private for this . . . but location is important here.



So they say lightning never strikes in the same place twice ???



Morally abhorrent - but the UK Govt. knew about these renditions - who is fooling who ???

Lastly - if you remember my link to 'The Wire' TV series - courtesy of the Guardian - I've been watching and really enjoying some of the rest of the episodes - using Bit Torrent - downloading the episodes and watching them . . . . then it turned out it was in a format I did not have a player for MCV - needed to download a player as well - very impressed with the quality though - downloads very slow though . . . . but hey! when you dealing with a busy man . . . not a problem. Main sources torrentspy.com and of course other sites like . . . . www.mininova.com

All for now folks . . . .

No comments: