Search This Blog

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Week ends

(photo's: T; Bowling yacht basin; me in Lewis; Milngavie phone booth)

Well still persevering with my photo blog . . . I must say I am still enjoying it if it gets to the stage where I cant be bothered then I'll have to re-evaluate - I don't think that it is going to be a problem as long as the sun is shining and we have our late sunsets . . . however winter is where I foresee problems - we'll just have to get inventive and more creative - anyone volunteering . . .lol!

Well after my Bishopbriggs sortie I was on my way home and my phone rang it was D and I had set up a meeting with him - which I was sure was next week Wednesday turns out he was waiting for me - so a quick u-turn and Merchant City - O'Neil here we came - a fruitful and interesting meeting - plus a few beers thrown in - I have in principle agreed to get involved and become a trustee of the charity - so I am interesting to see how it all develops - watch this space.

Paul & Co., invited me along for a curry on Friday at lunch time and I was glad to tag along - went to Mother India - I've been before a while back with a lovely lass EM from Aberdeen . . . now there was weekend - we done a Thai restaurant the evening before . . . but I digress . . . for lunch Mother India does small portions like a tapas bar - just a nice amount of food actually -well two of them anyway . . .was great - seems like we will do it more often - if there are some other suggestions - T was not impressed when she heard as it never happened whilst she was there and as soon as she has left we are going out for a big group lunch - not impressed she said . . . lol

Friday night was Ashton Lane -T's official cheers evening - K & A came along - we went to Ashoka for dinner (my lunchtime crew had told me it won't be as good as lunch) - I have to agree - but it wasn't bad at all . . T and I met for a drink prior to Ashoka - I was amazed I left my Mum's place at about 17h05 and I was in Ashton Lane for 17h20 the wonders of modern transport system - I caught a bus to Cessnock and a tube from there - and everything was just there when I needed it . . . we waited for K & A and then went into Ashoka - I thought they were fine - service attentive - maybe a little pushy but they are there to make a profit - so fair do's - we had starters and I had Lamb Breyani and I was quite happy with it - could have been spicier but it was very tasty . . . we then went across the road to Brel and sat there - it was a lovely evening - got to know A a little bit better - different setting context etc., - weather was nice as well - managed to sit outside the whole evening - almost had to share a table with two guys - who looking at our party were doing the maths - K & I were married (according to these 2 guys) and that left A & T - open season . . . lol - an interesting debate ensued wrt paintings and photographs as to which was art and which a shallow or hollow resemblance to art . . . lol - as they say in the classics beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . K & A shared a taxi and T & I shared a taxi - guess who we bumped into whilst getting into our taxi - Graeme from Amy MacDonald & Pam his girlfriend - I said to them - good heavens can I not go out without bumping into them . . .lol

Saturday - shopping with Mum - what a scorcher it turned out to be - we went to a little Italian coffee bar for breakfast and knocked around a few shops

Spent the afternoon in Glasgow - milling around was going to go to movies but I was not really into Sex & the city and the weather was great - so nothing really caught my fancy . . . . so i just walked around a bit and sat down and people watched for a while and came home and relaxed. Tried in vain to get a new lead for my lawnmower - unsuccessful - it turns out that my type of lead is obsolete - this effectively means I need to buy a new lawn mower ???? I can repair the lead but there will always be strain on it and if the grass is wet which it often is it is not safe to work with it like this - so dilemma - garden services or a new lawn mower????

I was watching Blade II - found it too disturbing (I've seen it before . . .) just all blood and guts - and frankly the different strain of vampires are more like aliens than anything else . . . . channel hopped and there was another vampire movie on . . . .

I've just had a lazy Sunday and off to Dumfries tomorrow Edinburgh Tuesday and Thursday - so a fair bit of travelling this week . . .all for now . . .

No comments: