Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

Blackberry; Tron; Amy Macdonald; Indiana Jones; Grass

Phew! been a while - OK so what's happening with me - well this evening I got out there and started cutting me lawn and let me tell you there is plenty of it - I attacked in my usual unstructured fashion and for the first time in my life managed to cut the power lead . . . phew that was the end of that . . .hard work . . . lol (cut it on purpose - not!) Anyway I'll have to get another lead tomorrow and pick up where I left off - I estimate that I have completed about one quarter of what needs to be done . . .

I have had my mobile phone upgraded I took a Blackberry (see picture) and I am still getting to know its ins and outs - had it delivered to work and immediately plugged it in when I got home - the next evening I thought I'll switch it on and see what's going on - it had been charging for about 24 hours - I couldn't work out how to switch it on so against my better judgement (I never do this) I decided to consult the manual - only to find - guess what - I found the battery - so I had been charging a phone with no battery in it . . . . Then later in the week the phone stopped working - my old sim card had been problematic from the beginning - phone could only read about a dozen of the contacts everything else was not there according to the phone . . .anyway later int eh week the phne stopped working and I scratched around in my delivery package and low and behold I found the new sim in there as well . . . I wonder what else might be in there????

Well Thursday last week saw the release of the new Indiana Jones - OK I admit it I'm a big kid at heart - and a sucker for this type of thing . . . anyway straight after work I went to Cineworld and they must have had it showing in about seven different cinemas all at slightly different times - I just missed the 17h45 and managed to get tickets for the 18h15 - it was mobbed - and it wasn't bad - very much the same winning formula - Indy has to go and find some treasure for someone (this varies -i.e. the person /s) usually involves finding the Treasure and then loosing it to the other person and this goes on - back and fro - all of this is usually preceded by a car chase or two . . . .

Friday I was at the Tron on Friday evening - went to see The Drawer Boy - I thoroughly enjoyed - it was captioned - first time I've seen that - just the time of thing my Mum needs. Full marks to the Management for presenting a varied and entertaining programme . . . I've embedded the trailer - and I think you'll see its very interesting . . . . well worth the effort.


Saturday evening saw me at Carling Academy - to see Amy MacDonald - I wasn't sure what to expect - she is from Glasgow and played Friday & Saturday evening . . . what a queue tog et in and loads of young 15 year olds - but a varied audience . . . so I was in the queue - just almost at the door when two women - shout out oh here you are xyz - thank goodness you kept our place - it was so obvious anyway - I just played along and they ended up buying me a beer - for my trouble - everyone was happy - except of course for the people behind me . . . . lol - anyway I was strolling around and I heard someone call my name it was Graeme (whom I used to work with at Bellsmyre) and his girlfriend (who I had met once before at Dumbarton football club) she now stays with him as she is at uni for the year . . . .so I spent the evening with them and I pleased to say I thought it was great . . . I actually know quite a few of her songs and she done an acoustic version of Bruce Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark . . . which was amazing . . . she really impressed me - a lot of energy and it turned into quite a fun evening - sometimes its the evenings your not too sure about that turn out the best . . . .


Today was a bank holiday - and I decided to work - my colleague had told me that a lot of people would be off and I had decided that it was a casual day - I've actually been in the office myself before when its been a holiday - so whose me - got up late - shorts and t-shirt and sandals - oh my God - the whole office was there - all with the usual suits / shirts / ties the works and here is me comes sauntering in about 09h25 and I felt a right clown . . .some the guys were laughing - asked me if I just stopped in on the way to the beach . . . . Trish came sauntering in about 10h30 . . lol - I refused to go across to the main canteen - I was too conscious of what some of the other people might say . . . . lol

No comments: